I’m sure you’ve probably heard about this book, or it’s prequel, The Book of Awesome. It’s definitely not a mesmerizing novel, but it is, well … awesome. The Book of (Even More) Awesome, like it’s prequel, contains a list of the simple things in life that are just so great that they’re awesome.
Some of my favourites from the book are:
1. When your pet notices you’re in a bad mood and comes to see you. I have a cat, named Kiki or Kiks for cuter, and any time I’m upset she’s always by my side. Any pet owner or lover will understand this.
2. Driving around with the windows down on late summer nights. No matter if I had a bad day, this will always cheer me up. I love driving with my windows down and if I can do it with the warm air grazing my arm, it makes all the difference.
3. Those rare moments when you’re the only person on the beach. Again, this is something that will cheer me up no matter what. I love water in general, but I love the beach even more, especially in the fall. I live in Canada so I obviously don’t go swimming in the fall, but I love the crisp air and just hearing the water move. It’s so peaceful.
4. The sound of snow crunching under your boots. I love wintertime. I swear I’m like Lorelai from “Gilmore Girls” who can smell the snow coming. My favourite is going for a walk in the snow, while it’s white and fluffy, with a cup of coffee. This is the best in the evening when the city lights make everything prettier.
5. Seeing a really happy dog out for a walk. You cannot tell me that this isn’t one of the cutest things in the world.
6. Screaming at characters in movies to do things. “Go Lisbeth Salander. Kick his ass!”
7. Napping with somebody else. I’m not a big napper, but on those rare occasions when I feel tired and can actually manage to sleep during the day, it’s the best when it’s with someone I love.
8. Dancing when you’re home alone. I do this waaaay too often.
At the end of the book, there are a few extra pages left blank so you can fill in some of your own awesome things. Here are some of mine:
1. Those moments in books that have you at the edge of your seat with your heart pounding, hoping that the character makes it out of a situation alive.
2. Those characters in books that you come to know so well you forget they’re not real.
3. The smell of coffee brewing.
4. Waking up to hear the birds chirping outside your window.
5. Spending a Saturday morning in the wintertime under a blanket with coffee and a great book.
6. That feeling of your heart skipping a beat when you see your girlfriend/boyfriend.
7. Seeing your dog or cat twitch in their sleep.
8. The few weeks of build-up before Christmas Eve.
What are some things you consider awesome?